Last update 01 September 2019
Expressing MySelf Institute operates www.expressingmyself.org (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
The details of how we use and store your data is provided below. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR).
We may collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and secondly, to respond to any queries which you may have.
The type of information we may collect about you includes:
- your name
- email address
- IP Address
Information we process
Website navigation data and IP addresses
We automatically track and collect certain information related to Website navigation data and IP addresses. We use this information to do internal research on our Users’ demographics, interest, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our community of creators.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other Users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities on our Website, we may store such information in our servers and process it. Also, we may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our newsletters and/or e-mail notifications.
Using your Personal Information
Personal information gathered is used by us for the following reasons:
- To help us identify you when you contact us.
- To administer the website, data analysis, statistical and survey purposes, testing and to keep the website safe and secure.
- To allow us to contact you.
- To allow us respond to any contact you have initiated with us.
We will not share this personal information with any third party without your consent.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date, whereas a session cookie will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Basic Functionality – Our Institute uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used. These include cookies from το WordPress and other plugins (Cookie Notice, Ninja Popups).
- Preferences – These cookies allow our website to remember information that changes the way the site behaves or looks.
- Additional functionality – These cookies enable our website to remember choices the users make, for example, user name, language or text size. They help to improve your experience of a website by providing a more personalised service.
- Performance – These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our website works.
- Advertising – Our Institute uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
We use third parties from the following services:
– Google Analytics
– Google DoubleClick
– Google YouTube
Privacy policies of other websites
- Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Google DoubleClick: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- YouTube: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- Pinterest: https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
How to manage cookies
You are able to disable cookies which will prevent your visit from being tracked. Some cookies, however, are essential for this website to work correctly. Please see https://www.aboutcookies.org for advice on how to manage and control cookies.
Communication through contact form
If you choose to contact us through the contact form we will collect your name and surname, your email address and the reason you contact.
How to contact us